- A2 is a different variation of beta-casein, the main protein in milk. Making it easier to digest.
- It's non-homogenized and full of healthy fats.
- Contains higher levels of Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Calcium, and protein than regular milk.
- It is only possible to get from 100% grass-fed cows of a certain rare genetic background.
Typically, I try not to use milk but who can pass up this luxury. The A2 milk gave the latte a delicious creaminess and density. I highly recommend trying it out. It can be purchased straight from Family Farmstead Dairy or in your next Good Food Collective CSA from Headwater Food Hub.
Rose Lavender Hot Cacao Recipe:
For the tea:
- 1/2 tsp Organic Rose Petals
- 1/2 tsp Organic Lavander Flowers
- A couple slices of fresh ginger (or a couple shakes of powdered)
- 6 oz of hot water
For the Hot Cacao:
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Cacao Powder
- 8 oz of Family Farmstead Dairy A2 Milk (or other milk)
- Pure local honey to taste.
Boil your water and steep your tea as you prepare the cacao. In a small pot, gently heat the milk over the stove, I warm on medium-low heat until warm. Once warm, mix in cacao and honey.
Strain your tea and combine with the Hot Cacao in your favorite mug.
Sniff, give thanks, and enjoy.